People Acting in Community Together is an inter-faith, grassroots organization that empowers everyday people to create a more just community. PACT works mostly in schools and school districts in East San Jose.
Keys to Success
What does the future of your school look like?
- Have a relentless focus on student achievement. Student academic success is the school's first priority. School leaders and teachers set measurable goals for every student and share accountability for student performance.
- Use a coherent curriculum based on state educational standards. Class time is focused on teaching and learning grade-appropriate material.
- Teach each student. Regularly assess each student's progress. Help them catch up if needed or challenge them to do even more.
- Develop great teachers and administrators. Help teachers and administrators work together, innovate, and get better.
- Communicate with parents. Keep parents informed of student progress and support their participation in their student's success.
- Demand good student behavior. School leaders and teachers set good examples and enforce the rules.